This chicken melon salad recipe is sure to become your next summer go-to! Bring it to share at picnics and BBQs or simply enjoy it as a quick and easy lunch at home. Get the kids involved in making it and create a special family memory.
- 1 ½ cup watermelon
- 1 ½ cup cantaloupe
- 1 lime
- 1 ⅓ lb rotisserie chicken
- 1 red onion
- ½ cup Gorgonzola cheese
- ½ cup walnuts or pecans
- 1 bunch basil
- ½ cup poppy seed salad dressing
- Melon baller
- Measuring cup set
- Large nylon plastic knife
- 3 qt green mixing bowl
- Silicone mixing spatula
- Prep bowl set
- Cutting board
1.Cut the melons in half and use a spoon to remove all the seeds
2. Use your melon baller to carve out balls of melon. Place in the 3 qt mixing bowl.
3. Peel and chop the red onion into small pieces. Add ¼ cup to the melon. Save any leftover onion pieces in an airtight container.
4. Crumble the Gorgonzola cheese over the melon.
5. Chop the basil into small, thin pieces. Add ¼ cup to the melon.
6. Squeeze the fresh lime juice into the 3 qt mixing bowl.
7. Chop the nuts into small pieces and add to the salad.
8. Chop the rotisserie chicken into small pieces and add to the salad.
9. Add the salad dressing and gently toss everything together using the silicone mixing spatula.
10. Dig in and enjoy garnished with a little more fresh basil!