February 9th is National Pizza Day – yum! Who doesn’t love a good pizza recipe? To celebrate, we’re sharing our favorite unconventional pizza recipes. The pizza possibilities are endless!
- canned pineapple (15-oz can)
- refrigerated crescent roll dough (1 can)
- cream cheese (8 ounces)
- powdered sugar (½ cup)
- blueberries (½ cup)
- strawberries (8-10)
- banana (1)
- kiwi (1)
- cornstarch (2 T)
Pre-heat oven to 350°F
1. Drain the pineapple over the mixing bowl. Save the juice for later.
3. Rinse the strawberries and blueberries in a colander under cold running water. Shake to remove excess water, then pat dry with a paper towel.
4. Peel the kiwi and slice into thin slices. Next, peel and slice the banana into thin slices. Finally, remove the stems from the strawberries and slice into thin slices.
5. Unroll the crescent roll dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Press the seams together to form a solid crust with no holes in the seams.
1. Bake the dough according to the package directions.
2. To the saucepan, add the remaining pineapple juice and 2 tablespoons corn starch. Cook over medium heat, stirring often with a whisk until the mixture thickens. Pour glaze into the clear measuring cup.
3. When the crust has cooled, spread the frosting evenly over the crust using the offset frosting spreader.
4. Arrange the fruit in a fun pattern on the frosting.
5. Drizzle the glaze over the fruit to make a pretty design.
6. Cut pizza into serving-sized squares with your pizza cutter. Dig in and enjoy!
- 6 eggs (whisked)
- 1 pkg crescent roll dough
- ¾ ib breakfast sausage, cooked
- 1 packet country gravy mix
- 1 T butter
- 8 oz grated cheddar cheese
- 4 oz grated Monterey Jack cheese
- orange juice (optional)
Pre-heat oven to 375°F
1. Roll crescent roll dough onto a greased baking sheet. Press the seams together to seal.
1. Bake the crust for 11-13 minutes or until it just begins to brown.
2. Prepare gravy according to the directions on the package.
3. Melt butter in the large skillet. Add the whisked eggs, season with salt and pepper and cook and stir the eggs until they just begin to firm up.
4. Use a pastry brush to spread the gravy over the crust. Top with the eggs, sausage, and cheese.
5. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until the eggs are set and the cheese is melted.
6. Dig in and enjoy with fresh squeezed orange juice!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can refrigerated pizza dough
- 8 oz cheddar cheese
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 cup tomato salsa
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- ½ head iceberg lettuce
- 4-oz can sliced olives
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- taco sauce
- carrots (optional)
- celery sticks (optional)
Pre-heat oven to 400°F
1. Finely chop the lettuce using a kid-friendly nylon knife.
2. In the orange mixing bowl, combine the beans and salsa.
3. Unroll the pizza dough onto an ungreased pizza pan.
1. Bake the crust for 5 minutes.
2. Brown the ground beef in a large skillet. Add the taco seasoning mix according to package directions.
3. Heat the beans and salsa in the microwave to soften. Use the offset frosting spreader to spread the bean mixture evenly over the partially baked crust.
4. Top with beef, olives, and cheese.
5. Bake for another 10-15 minutes.
6. Allow pizza to cool slightly, then top with lettuce, tomatoes and taco sauce.
7. Dig in and enjoy with carrot and celery sticks!
After making all these pizza recipes, you're going to need a really great pizza server. Lucky for you we're giving away FREE pizza servers in honor of National Pizza Day!
Get your free pizza server with ANY purchase on curiouschef.com Saturday, February 9th- the 16th!
And be sure to follow us on Facebook for updates on all our latest deals and offers!