Chicken Melon Salad Recipe
Posted by BHARAT GUNANI
This chicken melon salad recipe is sure to become your next summer go-to! Bring it to share at picnics and BBQ's or simply enjoy it as a quick and easy lunch at home. Get the kids involved in making it and create a special family memory.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Ready to Eat: 30 minutes
- 1 ½ cup watermelon
- 1 ½ cup cantaloupe
- 1 lime
- 1 ⅓ lb rotisserie chicken
- 1 red onion
- ½ cup Gorgonzola cheese
- ½ cup walnuts or pecans
- 1 bunch basil
- ½ cup poppy seed salad dressing
- Melon baller
- Measuring cup set
- Large nylon plastic knife
- 3 qt green mixing bowl
- Silicone mixing spatula
- Prep bowl set
- Cutting board
- Cut the melons in half and use a spoon to remove all the seeds
- Use your melon baller to carve out balls of melon. Place in the 3 qt mixing bowl.
- Peel and chop the red onion into small pieces. Add ¼ cup to the melon. Save any leftover onion pieces in an airtight container.
- Crumble the Gorgonzola cheese over the melon.
- Chop the basil into small, thin pieces. Add ¼ cup to the melon.
- Squeeze the fresh lime juice into the 3 qt mixing bowl.
- Chop the nuts into small pieces and add to the salad.
- Chop the rotisserie chicken into small pieces and add to the salad.
- Add the salad dressing and gently toss everything together using the silicone mixing spatula.
- Dig in and enjoy garnished with a little more fresh basil!